Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Pilates Exercise: Criss Cross



You want to skip this exercise if you are in acute pain in your shoulder, back, or hips.

We're going to be doing criss cross. I give this out a lot after single leg stretch. It's sort of like the sister exercise to single leg stretch.

Laying down on our backs, bringing our legs up into tabletop, we're going to have our hands behind our head. We're going to exhale and make sure that we activate our rectus abdominals as we go into the upper ab curl. Already, I want to feel that I'm active in my upper abs and in my deep neck flexors. I don't want to feel any strain in my upper back or the back of my neck.

Keeping my elbows wide, I'm going to slightly rotate towards the knee that stays in and extend the other leg out. Then I'm going to curl up and over and switch to the other side. Not a lot of rotation, so I know that I'm staying in my external obliques and not getting into my QL.

I'm going up and over to switch sides, keeping my elbows wide. Then I'm going to pick up that speed, add the breath until I feel a good burn, then I'm going to rest.

Once I'm feeling that burn, I know that my obliques are getting tired, and I don't want to start compensating and using my upper back, pecs or the back side of my neck. I want to make sure that I'm really staying true to form, so I'll rest instead of trying to push through it. Then I'll do another set.

I'm going to exhale into the upper ab curl. Feeling those rectus abdominals already. Then, crossing over into a slight rotation. Now, I want to make sure that the leg that's extended is challenging me but isn't too low that I feel my lower back working.

I'm stabilizing my pelvis, so I'm really working those deep stabilizing muscles of the pelvis. I'm burning already, and I'm going to rest.

For more information check out http://www.thebodygallery.com

Don't Miss This Article:


A Simple But Fast Way To Lose Fat After 30, 40, 50 ,60
Some people find it nerve-wracking to start an exercise routine. It is possible that they lack motivation, or that they don't even know where they should begin with losing weight. It's best to have fun with it. Get on the ball by using these great tips.


Workouts are not just about losing weight, they are about having fun. Try adding music to your workout to liven things up and make it that much more enjoyable. When you feel the beat of the music and hear the rhythms of the songs you love, you cannot help but get up and get moving. For many, moving to the beat of a song seems almost instinctual, and it's also a great way to make your workouts a little more entertaining. By listening to music you love, you will not be focused on the workout but on the fun, infectious music.


You will find that exercise is a lot more enjoyable if you have someone to work out with you. No matter where or how you work out, conversing with a buddy is a great way to pass the time. This will make the time go by faster, and you will forget about exercising. Use your friends- that is what they are there for!


Interactive fitness games can be excellent supplements to your current workout regime. Adding fun and modern technology to your workout will help you focus on fun, not the drudgery of working out. If you are doing exercises that are enjoyable and fun, you will reduce the risk of getting tired and calling it quits.


You may feel embarrassed to work out in front of other people. This can be the most challenging part of your exercise program! Your confidence and opinion of yourself will go way up when you are wearing an exercise outfit that you look good in. There are tons of choices to choose from. Have fun picking out workout apparel and feel good about yourself when wearing it. Doing so is sure to increase the chances that you will workout with regularity.


Try to avoid too much repetition. Switch it up as much as possible. You are going to slow down over time if your workouts become boring to you. There is a chance that without proper incentive to keep trying, you might even abandon your goals. Keep your routine varied. This is essential if you want to stay motivated. By allowing yourself to cease working out, you put yourself at risk of eliminating the benefits you have already achieved.


Select a reward for yourself every time you reach one of your goals. Reward yourself in order to stay motivated. You don't have to give yourself outlandish awards. The main thing is that the rewards you give yourself are truly meaningful and motivating to you. You may decide to see a movie or get yourself a new pair of jeans, for example.


Do not just concentrate on the work in working out. Knowing a few fun exercises to include in your workout can help make things far more interesting. Read the advice in the article below for easy ways to liven up your workout routine.



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment