Monday, February 27, 2017

Weekend Adventures

Hey, hey! An additional Monday previously – does any individual else truly feel like this weekend went by especially swiftly?!

On Friday night, the weather was warm so we decided to appreciate our grill and deck for dinner! Matt’s mom was in town for a weekend workshop so Matt whipped up foods for the three of us – grilled chicken + baked beans + grilled asparagus. Yummy mixture!

grilled chicken baked beans

The chicken was tremendous so I’ll be eating some of the leftovers for lunch this week. :)

On Saturday, Matt and I slept in and then met some close friends for a hike. A cold front was on its way along with some storms, but fortunately they held off till we have been completed hiking!

potomac overlook park hiking

We hit up Potomac Overlook Regional Park in Arlington with friends Shane, Matt, and Matt’s girlfriend Christine, and had exciting strolling around, hopping in excess of rocks, and chatting with them as we enjoyed the trails!

potomac overlook regional park

Christine’s canine Tucker was also along for the journey – this kind of a cutie!

corgi hiking

We hiked about for a couple hrs just before heading to south Arlington to grab a late lunch at a spot called William Jeffrey’s Tavern. I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich – it was tasty! Plus some of Matt’s fries. :)

william jeffrey's tavern lunch

It stormed whilst we were consuming and when we came back out the temperature had dropped about 25 degrees. Whoa!

Matt and I invested the rest of the afternoon soothing and then met up with his mom in Georgetown for dinner soon after her workshop. We hit up Mai Thai – I’d been there prior to and it’s constantly yummy! We all shared some of the fresh summer season rolls, then I had a veggie and shrimp dish with a garlicky brown sauce and brown rice.

mai thai georgetown dinner

From there, we headed to a friend’s birthday celebration for a bit!

On Sunday morning, we slept in once more and then I headed out to meet my girls Kathleen and Sarah for a late morning run. We are all operating the Cherry Blossom ten Miler and working on creating our distance back up!

IMG_0180

We met at Kathleen’s spot more than close to the Capitol and did one of my favorite large loops involving the Capitol, the nationwide mall, and a bit of the tidal basin for good measure. :) It was cold and a bit windy but sunny – sound running climate – and we have been having this kind of a very good time out there we ended up going farther than we planned! Time flies when you’re getting entertaining – I love these two. :)

IMG_0273(2)

I was rocking a new pair of tights (the Ghost Crop Working Tights) gifted to me by my buddies at Brooks as element of my ongoing ambassadorship, and they are my new fave. So cute (how enjoyable are the colors?!), Genuinely comfy, and greater waisted so they really do not move all around at all although you run (or give you awkward minimal rise muffin leading). They come in a cute lighter/pastel print, too! I hope they make them in solids as well in the long term – I’d love to get a bunch of pairs since they match so properly.

IMG_0294

They are also a genuinely exciting texture – very light-weight and stretchy, despite the fact that they did not allow the wind by means of so I wasn’t cold at all. They have been also ideal from going straight from our run to brunch because they don’t display sweat and dry genuinely quickly!

We ended up covering 7.3 miles – great run! Also, this is Kathleen’s post-baby working distance record – way to go girl!!

IMG_0286

Right after the run, we met up with Matt and Kathleen’s husband Zach + their child and all of us walked in excess of to Union Industry for brunch. I received a mocha from the cute coffee area and a biscuit, egg (x2), cheese, and bacon sandwich from Mason Dixie Biscuit Co.! You guys know I really like my biscuits. :) This one particular was truly good – the photograph doesn’t do it justice!

mason dixie biscuit co

Following relaxing back at property for awhile in the afternoon, Matt and I headed back out for dinner last evening, this time to Kapnos Taverna in Arlington for some Greek tapas with Matt’s mom and my mom! Enjoyable to have each the moms with each other. :)

We got a ton of things and shared – and I brought property some leftovers to enjoy this week! No leftovers of the baklava, although, sadly. )

kapnos taverna arlington

I’ve received an additional hectic week ahead, although I’m hoping this one particular will be a tiny a lot more low essential than final week. :)

Have a excellent day guys!

What was the most scrumptious factor you ate this weekend? I cannot choose – we were spoiled by lots of enjoyable meals out this weekend and every thing was so very good!



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment