Monday, February 27, 2017

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwich Sticks

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 1What IS it with food on a stick? Folks (and I incorporate myself in that widespread generalization) go nuts for meals on a stick. Typical apple? Boring. Chocolate-Toffee Apple on a Stick? Wonderful. Regular mini quiche? Cute. Mini quiche on a stick? Beyond ADORABLE. You get my drift. As Carrie Bradshaw might say, the stick ups the ante.

And it’s not just food ON a stick. It’s food items shaped like a stick: string cheese, fish sticks, bread sticks. Little ones, I’m realizing, go gaga for meals shaped like a stick. Up right up until his very first birthday, Alex was quite much refusing to consume anything that came on a spoon (except yogurt) and anything at all that wasn’t shaped like a stick (except bread and rotisserie chicken). He no longer desired to pick up tiny bites of cheese. Nope, he wished to hold that stick of string cheese like a guy and take huge whopping bites that have been kinda sorta A Great deal also huge for his small little one mouth. You can imagine the struggle that ensued in my family.

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 3

Even though I was contemplating a globe the place Alex would only eat food items that were lengthy and skinny, Shari’s Berries contacted me to see if I needed to consider their cake pops and come up with a “food-on-a-stick” recipe. A light bulb went off in my head. We’re not going to be stuck consuming string beans and french fries throughout this foods phase – instead of eating food items shaped like a stick, we can put meals ON a stick.

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 9Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 10

At initial I wasn’t confident if it would perform, but, when the cake pops came in the mail, Alex took one particular appear at them and SCREAMED. This child had never observed a cake pop or any type of foods on a stick in his lifestyle, but, he knew, with no a doubt, he wanted that dessert. I’m not in the habit of letting my 1-yr-previous eat sugary sweet cake on the standard, but after months of picky consuming, I will fundamentally allow anything into his mouth that he will get thrilled about (except rocks…and bugs…and electronic cords). So, I allow him consider the cake pop and HE DEVOURED IT. To his credit score, these cake pops are magic. I’m not even a cake lady, but the cookies and cream cake pop is to die for (we each considered so).

I considered possibly the cake pop was a fluke, but when I put apples, bananas and cut up peanut butter sandwiches on a stick Alex had a related reaction – scream, hand attain, grab, things in mouth. I’m starting to believe that foods on a stick is significantly less of a trend and more of an innate and intense need and need.

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 5

I know I certainly have an extreme need and need for this rapid and easy but remarkably delectable peanut butter sandwich stick drizzled in honey and sprinkled with cinnamon.

It tends to make me come to feel like a child once more AND like a supermom because my kid is eating fruit and loving it. Win. win.

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 7

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwich Sticks
&nbsp
Print
Author:
Serves: 4
Substances
  • four slices sprouted grain or whole-wheat bread
  • two tablespoons all-organic peanut butter with no additional salt or sugar
  • 1 apple
  • 2 bananas
  • Honey, for drizzling
  • Cinnamon, for sprinkling
Directions
  1. Spread the peanut butter on the bread to make the sandwiches. Reduce off the crusts and reduce every single sandwich into 4 squares.
  2. Lower the apples into chunks and the bananas into thick slices.
  3. Put an apple chunk and banana slice on each stick followed by a peanut butter sandwich square followed by one more set of apple and banana and so on. Every single stick works very best with two peanut butter sandwich squares and 3 sets of apple and banana.
Wordpress Recipe Plugin by EasyRecipe

Apple-Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches 4

Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment