Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pilates Exercise: Single Leg Kick



Time to work the glutes, abs, and upper back muscles with the single leg kick.

This video has not been modified for injury or chronic pain issues. Please talk to your doctor before beginning any exercise routine.
You want to skip this exercise if you are in acute pain in your back, neck, hip, or shoulders.

We're going to start on our bellies, feet together and our arms extended out slightly in front of us, forearms on the floor. Arms about shoulder width apart. Palms flat on the floor. First thing that we're going to do is engage in our glutes by pressing our pelvis toward the floor and feeling the front of our hips open up and our glutes engage.

I'm not just squeezing my cheeks. That will not benefit the function of the glute, so I'm pressing my hips into the mat and feeling my glutes slowly kick in and my abs lift. Feeling like I'm pulling my bellybutton up toward the back of my spine, and then I'm making sure that I'm engaging my upper back so I'm not slumping in my shoulders. I'm pulling my elbows away from my elbow and pressing down into my palms.

I also want to feel like I'm reaching through the crown of my head so I'm not dropping my head or lifting my chin up. I want to have a nice long spine. I'm very active in my entire body before I've even started the exercise.

I'm going to inhale two beats with the leg, and then exhale and extend that leg down. Inhale two beats, other side, exhale down. As I'm beating the leg, I'm pressing my hip into the mat so I feel my glutes engage. I'm also staying highly active in the abdominals so I don't feel any pressure in my lower back.
Oh, I noticed that I was starting to slump in the upper back, so, again, I'm reaching my elbows away from my belly, away from my chest, to activate the upper back muscles.

I'm reaching through the crown of my head, staying fully active in my entire body. That is the single leg kick. It's a very active, whole-body workout.
Child's pose to stretch out.
And that is the single leg kick. Have fun with that.

For more information check out www.thebodygallery.com today!

Recommended Article:


A Easy But Effective Plan To Lose Weight After 40, 50 and Above
A exercise routine that is fun is easy to keep up with. Planning a good exercise routine makes it easier to do everyday. Keep reading for more suggestions to help you build your own exercise routine.


Listen to your favorite tunes while you workout. It is only natural to start moving when we hear music playing. Working out to music is like dancing, which can make it more enjoyable. You will not even notice how tired or sore your muscles are when you are enjoying yourself. Music can help you keep moving a little longer.


If you have a workout buddy, it can make exercising easier. If you spend time exercising together, you can catch up on what has been going on in life and socialize. Time will fly, and you will be getting stronger and healthier. That's why you have friends in the first place!


To emphasize the most entertaining part of your workout, seek what sort of fitness titles are available for your video game console. Video games are a great resource for creative ways to increase fitness and lose weight. The primary benefit, of course, is that because you are having fun in your workout, you don't get exhausted quite as quickly and you can sustain your activity level longer.


Purchase exercise outfits which flatter your body and make you feel as if you are an athlete. When you are dressed for the routine, you are more likely to do it. You may have to pay a higher price for specialized exercise garments, but the wide range of available options is sure to facilitate more comfortable workouts.


In order to avoid the same humdrum routine, switch up your exercises daily. It's essential that you find ways to maintain your interest and remain focused on your aspirations. By varying your exercise regime, you are more likely to stay engaged and not as likely to skip your workout.


Each time you achieve a fitness goal, give yourself a little reward. That way, you will remain enthusiastic about continuing your program. The rewards need not be major. It could just be a special dessert or a new sweater. Your reward has to be something that will assist you with motivation. If you don't look forward to your reward, you may not keep following your fitness goal. Motivation is key as you progress in your fitness goals.


Working out does not have to be a constant struggle. If you learn some fun and exciting ways to change it up, exercise can actually turn out to be something you can actually look forward to doing. Add some of these tips below to help make your workout routine more enjoyable and fun.



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment