Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Weekend Adventures

Excellent morning my friends! How have been your weekends? Any exciting adventures to report? Ours was actually minimal important, which was wonderful – I’m feeling refreshed today! 60% of the weekend was basically spent like this, which was glorious. Zara was so snuggly!

IMG_0334(Obsessed with my fox slipper socks I acquired for Christmas from Matt!)

In addition to viewing some Netflix shows, Matt and I also watched the film “Moonlight”, which was genuinely nicely done – highly recommend it! We did commit some time apart from the sofa, even though, don’t worry. :) Here are the non-sofa weekend highlights.

On Friday night, Matt and I had a cozy evening in – unpictured chicken + roasted potatoes (with rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper) and leafy broccolini (with olive oil, salt, and pepper) have been on the menu. The broccolini leaves ended up like kale chips – crunchy and salty and so good!

how to roast broccolini

Saturday morning named for yoga (I hit up Nikki’s 9 a.m. class at Edge Yoga, which is constantly a favourite – I hadn’t been to her class in way too extended!) and errands just before joining Matt for a homemade brunch. On the menu: bacon + a veggie and egg scramble (spinach + peppers and onions + eggs) and some fruit.

IMG_0830

Yummmmm!

healthy breakfast

On Saturday evening, we had a unique treat – our trainer Paul from Capital Vitality Training and his wife Ally invited us above for dinner! Matt has been coaching with Paul weekly for  5 or six months now and I’ve been partnering with him for a 12 months, so we’ve turn into buddies. It was fun to devote a non-workout evening with him and to meet his wife, too!

It was a chilly evening and they had a roaring fire going when we arrived. Wine + fireplace = so cozy! Also, this wine was so great – must bear in mind it!

good wine fireplace

We had some enjoyable appetizers, as well. Endive boats filled with walnuts, blue cheese, and apples. Delightful!

endive walnuts blue cheese apples appetizer

Plus a yummy cheese, fruit, and nut plate. Loved the slate board!

cheese plate 2

Dinner was tasty – a number of courses and with wine pairings, also! So fancy. We had been impressed. :) We began with a yummy mushroom soup with truffle oil.

mushroom soup with truffle oil

The principal course was a actually very good fish (topped with a special spice mix that incorporated anise, cloves, etc.) and a side salad I brought with us.

IMG_0341(1)

For dessert, we loved an almond flour apple crisp with some gelato!

almond flour crisp with gelato

This kind of a enjoyable and delightful evening – thank you so considerably for obtaining us, Paul and Ally!

And speaking of Paul, we last but not least manufactured our schedules operate to have an additional session last week! We’ve each been so active lately it had been awhile, and unsurprisingly I’ve backslid a bit and am reeeeeally tight yet again (though not virtually as negative as when we initial started out doing work with each other). We acquired back to fundamentals, focusing on loosening and strengthening the hips and hamstrings in specific.

loosening hips and hamstrings

It is a good issue we had a session since I am obtaining back into working more often once more as I ramp up training for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler coming up in April (I’m partnering with Cabot again for the race)!

On Sunday morning, I was up and out for a run date with my college pal Sarah (we missed you Kathleen!). Pre-run waffle (Van’s brand) with PB and banana FTW:

pre run fuel

It was chilly but sunny – gorgeous day for a run! Felt very good to be out there.

IMG_0350

Sarah is acquiring married in less than a week!! So enthusiastic for her – can not wait for the wedding ceremony on Saturday! We had fun chatting wedding ceremony things and catching up on existence, as always. Nothing like a run with a good buddy. :)

running roosevelt island

We began in Georgetown and ran along the waterfront, more than Memorial Bridge, down onto the Mt. Vernon trail going south, then turned back and ran north all the way to Roosevelt Island, did a quick loop on the trails around the island (pictured over – it’s about 1 mile if you do the outer loop), then ran in excess of Key Bridge and back to the Georgetown waterfront to finish out 8 miles. (&lt—I know neighborhood readers value seeing these rough route suggestions!)

IMG_0355(1)

I ate a Kate Bakes bar in the automobile on my way residence, then had some leftover bacon, some crackers (obviously I was craving salt!), and Matt’s maple cinnamon latte to tide me in excess of whilst I took an epsom salt bath and showered up.

About an hour later, it was time to feast! Matt was out performing his personal prolonged run (he’s undertaking Cherry Blossom ten Miler, also! I invited him to join me and Sarah but he desired to go a small later on and pay attention to a book on audible) so I was solo for brunch this time. I had two fried eggs, a hearty savory waffle (Swapples brand – sweet potato curry flavor) with tons of guac on top, and some leftover salad on the side to get in some refreshing crunch/greens. It hit the spot!

post-run brunch

Tell me your meals/fitness highlights from the weekend! :)



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment