Sunday, March 5, 2017

Our Week in Meals #18

Hey, pals! It was one more hectic-but-good week all around here. Shall we leap proper into the specifics from Our Week in Meals?

For individuals of you who are new about right here, this is the place I share a minor bit about what we’ve been up to above the previous week — as it relates to our meals every single night. I hope that this series gives you a glimpse “behind the scenes” at some highlights from our daily life, shows you how I balance a hectic schedule with feeding my loved ones, and offers a couple of new ideas for your own weekly meal program.

Last Sunday morning I invested some time in the kitchen creating the boys’ lunches for college that week, as properly as stirring with each other a batch of snacks to hold in the refrigerator. We loved the No-Bake Blueberry Almond Power Snacks that I shared last week, so this week I created a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip model (per Gibbs’s request). They had been scrumptious, and if you stick to me on Instagram then you could have witnessed my boys devour virtually the entire batch before I could even get them in the fridge. The recipe is beneath!


Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Power Snacks
Author:&nbsp
Prep time:&nbsp
Total time:&nbsp
Serves:&nbsp21
&nbsp
Elements
  • ⅔ cup finely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts (I use my meals processor for swift chopping)
  • ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips
  • one ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
  • ½ cup all-natural salted peanut butter
  • ¼ cup honey
  • Optional (but recommended): ¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, stir with each other all of the substances until entirely combined.
  2. Use a modest ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out the mixture into person portions. Use your hands to roll it into balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet or modest baking pan.
  3. Tip: Maintain your hands damp with water so that the mixture does not stick to your fingers and it’s simple to roll into balls.
  4. Location balls in the refrigerator to set for about 1 hour. Shop in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week (but they almost certainly will not last that extended)!

Mid-morning my close friends Mollie and Maggie came over for a pay a visit to. They each had husbands out of town final weekend, so they brought their little ones in excess of to perform outdoors while the three of us walked along our fence line, acquired some exercise, and chatted.

Since the weather was cooler yet again, I believed that roasted chicken and veggies sounded good for supper. You can see the general recipe that I use in THIS Publish, though I mix it up with what ever veggies and herbs I have on hand. For this meal we had roasted broccoli, carrots, onion, and sweet potato with the chicken and a loaf of Italian bread. Always an simple crowd-pleaser in our property!

Did you view the Oscars that night? I was exhausted and nursing a head cold, so I climbed in bed as soon as the children had been asleep, watched a handful of minutes of the pre-demonstrate, and crashed close to eight:00 p.m.!

Spence and I invested Monday morning taking part in at property till my mom arrived for a go to mid-day.

My automobile needed some program upkeep, so we dropped it off at the dealer in Culpeper and then killed time in town whilst we waited for the function to be done. Spencer requested Subway for lunch, exactly where he acquired his normal turkey and cheese combo with Sun Chips and Mom and I shared a Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich.

We also made a Target afterwards. This photo is a very exact depiction of how that went…

He genuinely does NOT like shopping.

The older boys had been thrilled to see that my Mom bought them the Trolls film!

Dinner that evening was a favourite from my own childhood — Stovetop Chuckwagon Mac! So darn simple, and the children Enjoy it! I served the meal with a salad on the side.

Tuesday was sort of a crazy day. I walked with pals, had an acupuncture appointment although Spence was at school, joined a business conference call, and took a mid-afternoon break to inspect a new delivery from my buddies at Arctic Zero. They wanted me to consider out the new flavors that they are rolling out, and I happily obliged! For individuals of you who are not familiar with Arctic Zero, these are more healthy frozen desserts that are lower glycemic, lactose cost-free, gluten cost-free, and GMO totally free. They’re also reduced calorie and complete of protein and fiber!

Cake Batter Bars Dipped in Red Velvet Rocky Street Journey Peanut Butter Swirl and Cherry Chocolate Chunk

The two of my older boys had pals come above after college, so 5 boys working around manufactured for a busy afternoon.

It was pajama day at school.😂

Dinner was easy, though — turkey soft tacos! Served with diced avocado, chips, and salsa. The youngsters have been extremely satisfied with this meal, and round two re-heated simply when Keith received property late from operate.

Spencer and I spent Wednesday morning operating errands in Charlottesville. I hadn’t been grocery buying in a week, so our kitchen was in require of some re-stocking. I also required to store for the baby shower brunch that I hosted this weekend, so it was a longer-than-normal outing…and this guy didn’t necessarily get pleasure from it!

We hit both Costco and the regular grocery retailer…

I have a new snack find to share, as well! I took a gamble when I purchased a giant case of these bars at Costco, but it worked out well because the boys loooooove them. They every had two bars that afternoon just before I cut them off and wouldn’t let them consume a third just before dinner.😃  They remind me of Kellogg’s NutriGrain bars, but with a better list of substances.

The weather was practically 80 degrees that day (so weird in March!), so a large salad sounded very good for dinner. I also located a can of Sriracha almonds in the back of my pantry recently, so I pulled with each other my Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad Bowls. Considering that my boys don’t always want to eat a giant bed of shredded cabbage for supper, I utilized the leftover tortillas from Tuesday’s dinner and turned their substances into Thai Chicken Wraps. I made the dressing with peanut butter instead of almond butter, and it tasted remarkable. An simple swap if that’s what you have on hand!

Thursday was a rather common day — I walked in the morning while Spence was at college, made a pasta salad to photograph ahead of choosing him up, and ate leftover Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad for lunch. Two food highlights from the day, though:

We had these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches for dinner,

followed by the new Peanut Butter Swirl Arctic Zero. This was peanut butter and white chips swirled in vanilla, and it tasted delightful!

Friday was an fascinating day because the colleges in Madison closed at noon. The high college boys’ basketball team made it to the State playoffs, and the quarterfinal game was on Friday afternoon at 2:thirty in Harrisonburg.

Gibbs and Casey know some of the players on the crew and the coach is their P.E. instructor, so they have been actually thrilled to go. We had a swift lunch at Subway (once again!),

and then headed about 45 minutes west more than the mountains. The game was at James Madison University’s basketball arena, which the little ones thought was quite great.

We snacked on Skittles and a container of popcorn, despite the fact that Spencer dropped half of the popcorn on the ground as soon as he sat down. Can you see it on the floor?!🙄  His brothers were NOT impressed…

We produced it house all around supper time, so I was extremely glad that dinner was waiting for us when we arrived.  I wanted to try out a new recipe from Aunt Bee, so I made Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Alabama White Barbecue Sauce. Details coming quickly — it was wonderful! I served the boys’ barbecue on sandwich rolls with potato chips and raw veggies on the side.

On Saturday morning I co-hosted a child shower with my pal Hope, which was such a enjoyable way to commit the day! We divided the labor — I was in charge of the food, although Hope opened her home to all of the guests. Among juggling her 3 little ones, cleansing her residence, organizing the cocktails, and setting her dining area table with china, she absolutely had the tougher job. Her property is stunning!

We spent the morning drinking Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas and laughing until finally our stomachs hurt! I stored the brunch menu super simple:

Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet (I doubled the recipe to feed our crowd)

Cheddar, Chive and Bacon Biscuits (I made these in advance and kept them in the freezer to stay away from last minute baking)

Straightforward Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread (I also baked this in advance)

Meghan’s 4-Ingredient Get together Salad

Fruit Salad

and for dessert I just purchased lemon sorbet, fresh raspberries, and Madeleine cookies. It all tasted wonderful with each other, and it was exceptionally effortless to coordinate. I had a blast with my girlfriends, but then it was back house to actuality: sweatpants, laundry, cranky children, and dinner to cook.

Keith grilled salmon that evening, although I prepared a spinach salad and couscous on the side.

Always hits the spot! 

I’m taking care of some chores around the home this morning and hunting forward to dinner with buddies this evening. Have a wonderful week ahead!

The publish Our Week in Meals #18 appeared 1st on The Seasoned Mom.



Read More About Fat Loss Recipes At NaturallyCurvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment